When I opened an old .NET project in Visual Studio 2013, I got the following error when I tried to rebuild the project:
Error 1 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\Release\app.publish\xxxx.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. xxxx
The reason should caused by the old .NET framework platform about ClickOnce manifest certificate.
(Right click the main project and select properties, and then click Signing tab, you will see the Signing Certificate date expired since the project is old.)
From Visual Studio 2008 SP1, the Signing of ClickOne manifest certificate is optional. so we can do the following steps to resolve issue:
1: Right click the main project and select properties, and then click Signing tab, you will see the Signing Certificate date expired since the project is old.
Now click Create Test Certificate… button, then popup a window asks you input password, you can input NOTHING and click OK button directly.
2: Now your project should be able to rebuild.
3: If possible, you’d better change your project’s target .NET framework version to higher;
4: After done above step 3, if you do not need ClickOnce feature,you can check off the “Sign the ClickOnce manifests”;
- ComboBox Data Binding to an Enum in WPF
- Microsoft Connect(); 2017 sessions available at Channel 9
- Software Development Skills Review Part 1 WCF, ASP.NET Web API
- Experienced Software Developer Still Faces to Code or Basic Acknowledge Test When Interview
- Microsoft Announces Xamarin Technologies are Free and Open Source