This is the part 2 of the WPF applicatoin, the Part 1 is here:
Let's introduce the Point Editor in this part.
Note: Point Editor is a module which is built using WPF and it was from a WPF application; the Point Editor and another editor called Trunk Editor were integrated seamlessly into Windows Primary System S950 which was build using Windows Form.
We have mentioned the reason why we replaced original point editor and trunk editor which were existed in Windows Primary System, here we repeat part of reasons:
1: We have 2 kinds of Primary systems, the one is for Windows, another one is for Linux. We nee identical front end system for both of 2 Primary systems;
2: We had collected newer requirements, these newer requirements forced us rewrite our editor major features;
The following content is about the steps to use new Point Editor:
1: Open Opoint Editor through menu Points\Config:
2: Then input account information, if no user created previously, Primary system will ask you the Admin account by default:
3: Now you see Operation Selection screen, due to the requirement from our General Engineer, new point function has been separated with edit / delete point function.
If add a new Point, you should select one of 4 drop down menus: AI, AO, DI, and DO, they are 4 kinds of Point Types:
4: Point Edit (Analog point)
The following is AI point edit screen (it is similar for AO point edit):
- You can input point data by 2 kinds of way: input directly, or select content from existing list, for example, you can choose existing Alarms data without input manually;
- Every time when create a new point, the new point number is set to a minimum available point number due to current Primary system automatically, if you don’t want to use the point number which generated for you, you can input a number which you like, can you can check the number if available by clicking the "Available? " button; (if you are lazy enough, you might don’t want to click the Available? button to check, don’t worry, when you click OK button to try to save point data, system will check all your inputting’s validations for you)
- Due to new design, the point IO Source Information (formally called Point Location information) has been moved to separate functionally part, you can set or not set it (click “Set IO Source Information” button);
- We also added horn settings for our existing customers;
5: Point Edit (Digital point)
The following is DI/DO edit screen:
6: IO Source Information – Modbus:
When you click “Set IO Source Information”, you will see the following IO Source screen:
You have 3 IO Sources to choose first: Modbus, Accessor and Virtual. due to your selection, you will see different edit screen, the following one is the sample of Modbus information edit UI:
- Only show trunks due to your selected IO Source type selection;
- If selected address has been connected with a device, the device will be shown, and you can not change device type, otherwise, you can select any device type which can be connected to current trunk;
- When a device specified, the IO numbers will be shown based on current point type and device, user only can select a IO item which has not been used by existing points:
7: IO Source Information – IO
The following is another sample if you select a new address and a new device type, you see different IO items shown:
8: IO Source Information – Accessor:
The following screen show if user select Accessor IO Source type, the device will be set related Accessor list, also, current IO list is current device’s list;
Note: Here you see the Accessor type matched current Point type which is AI type, if you have already selected digital point type, the device list will be another list:
9: IO Source Information – Virtual:
For Virtual type, user does not do anything but just click OK button to return, this feature follows Conspec DOS primary design:
10: Copy from existing point:
The following is the sample screen when user click “Copy from existing point”, only points with current point type can be shown in the list; user select one from list, and click OK button to copy existing point information to point edit screen:
Point number will NOT be copied;
IO information will be copied, but since Accessor device does NOT allow duplicate IO numbers, so when you save point information, system will give you related warning or error information about IO numbers you set;
11: Horn Settings:
Horns are for some customers who installed horns system, there are at least 7 horns to be set and 1 horn direction setting.
Just click any horn item which you want to set, a bigger horn setting screen will popup, click 0 ~ 7 to set related horn, click the 8 button to set direction:
- Green color means turning on related horn;
- Gray color means turning off related horn;
- Direct: U- Up, D- Down, B- Both;
12: About existing item list:
We have mentioned you can select exiting list if you do not want to input some data manually, for example: alarm settings, when you click Alarm button in Point editor window, you will see existing alarm group list, which let you select one, and click OK button to copy existing alarm group to your point editor screen.
You also can delete existing alarm group by right clicking it and select Delete context menu as the following:
Above content is the highlight introduction of Point Editor, we will have more new feature about point editor, also we have more details information about both of point editor and trunk editor.
And, we will always improve our software, for custom requirement. convenient to use, and base on new technologies.
Thanks for choosing the great CodeEase technology!